Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

moving in the right direction

an informal pin up review was held yesterday for us. we combined with another studio section and ill just tell you that it was a wasted 4 hours of time. we were given 2 minutes to speak about our projects and then given feedback. however, some students decided to speak longer and the instructors decided that 15 minute reviews would be adequate for getting us out on time (it also didnt help that it took everyone an hour to pin up). after my presentation the only feedback that i got for my project was the fact that i incorporated food into my design. having a cafe in my interfaith center was definitely a driving force because i feel that food is a great way of initiating conversations for people and an easy way of learning about other cultures.

other than that simple comment i got nothing in return as far as my project. so, now im just going to work on my presentation boards a little more until friday. i feel that my project is very strong, and although my design isnt flawless, it shows the concepts that i am trying to convey and is a design that i feel really tries to successfully address the issue of establishing a working interfaith center.

my layout:
board 1: shows my overall site and the culture that inhabits it. i have pictures of typical boston structures and what i also want to show is its location on the map. i want to signify the importance of food in this board since it is a driving force for my design and i also want to show the common materials used in the area.
board 2: this will show my specific site. i have diagrams of the affects placed on my site and how i will wish to address them.
board 3: diagrams of my preliminary building forms, experiences through the spaces, and my connection to the vernacular. i definitely need to make the connection of my building to the vernacular a very important aspect. it is the reason for my buildings design and i do a good job of saying it but i also need to SHOW it.
board 4: floor plan. location of rooms and chart showing why room are located where they are. im also showing preliminary floor plans to give an insight as to my process
board 5: sections. these will be huge factors in showing the placement of my building on the water and how it structurally works. im showing a site section along with a few diagrammatic sections that will showcase some of my ideas behind design reasoning.
board 6: exterior perspectives. these will give the person a true feeling of what the building will look like, from its materials to the overall feeling of being in the space.
board 7: interior perspectives. these will show the "life" of the space and how people will interact. i am choosing to show the indoor lobby and the outdoor garden platforms. i want to show the life of the lobby and what the space would feel like, and i want to show the outdoor gardens use of incorporating the water into spiritual enlightenment.

the project is due on friday and i will have the weekend to establish a successful verbal presentation. i am very confident in my speaking ability and feel that whatever i have not conveyed in my visual presentation boards i will make up for in my verbal communication.

No comments:

Post a Comment