Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

the new newschool

our newest project entails the design of a "new" newschool architecture school.  the hypothetical scenario pits the school against an ever-growing student body in need of updated and larger facilities.  our site is located south of balboa park near many historical buildings and structures.

right now we are in the analysis phase of the design.  we are currently analyzing the present day "campus" and making notes about what facilities need to be updated and the square footage of the overall program.

for myself, I am currently reading case studies and analyzing how current schools are programmed and laid out.  I really want this project of mine to have a strong concept focusing on these main points:
     1)  circulation throughout the school
     2)  "crossing/interaction" zones where students are forced to interact with one another
     3)  symbol of what architecture really is
            - sustainable, new technology, strong concept in the context of the site
     4)  regionalism
            - what makes this school special to San Diego
     5)  community interaction
            - allow all visitors to feel welcome and utilize the campus for presentations, speakers, showcases, etc

this project is going to be very demanding on me and I want it to really showcase my ability to design.  I want to really focus on the entire project as a whole.  from the concept - form - presentation, I want this to be my best project yet.  I plan on using all means necessary to do this.  one thing I hope to accomplish with this project is importing my sketchup model into 3d rendering software in order to showcase amazing perspectives and other final drawings that really convey my building's intention

stay tuned throughout these weeks as I will try and update as much as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment