Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

moving screens

design is such an up and down process.  one minute I am loving my ideas, the next minute Im wanting to start all over.  that was pretty much all of yesterday for me as I had (what I thought were) good ideas and ultimately wanted to scratch all of them.  however, this morning while studying for today's midterm in env. science II, I came up with a solid idea that I feel can really turn into something that I have been looking for.





one thing I have really been trying to accomplish is the ability for each user to control the passive systems of his or her unit.  this newest idea couples both the control of passive heating and cooling as well as light control.  each unit is equipped with a movable exterior screen that can control the amount of light that is allowed to enter the space.  in turn, it is the choice of each unit that gives the building its overall texture.  with this idea, the building can symbolize the user's control as well as a sustainable system that is very manageable. 



Each screen might either be blue in order to go with the color scheme I had originally chosen
or it might evolve into something else.  Each screen is on a moving track that will make it easy
for each user to push a button and that will control the opening for light to enter.  Each screen
would be a good opportunity to use recycled materials as well.

1 comment: