Search This Blog

Thursday, February 3, 2011

recycled shelf

This was the old shelf.  Although it had spaces for small items, its bulkiness
limited the amount of desk space and hardly allowed for any under-the-shelf
space to be utilized.  

over the past few years I have consumed a lot of coffee...to say the least.  this resulted in me accumulating a lot of empty coffee cans.  instead of throwing them out I thought it would be a cool idea to recycle them into a shelf.  a newer shelf was definitely needed because the old one I built took up too much desk space.  this new shelf is a lot more space friendly and allows me to utilize my desk better.

This was scrap wood from my garage and serves
as the main shelf surface.

A couple of these coffee containers serve as vertical supports.

This new design allows for under-the-shelf space.

The overall design is slim and very simple.  I think it  came out pretty well and
am excited because it has the capabilities to free up a lot of desk space.


No comments:

Post a Comment