Search This Blog

Thursday, November 18, 2010

new program!

I was given the privilege from a fellow classmate, the program called V Ray.  it is a 3D modeling program, with this one being specifically linked to Google Sketchup.  now, whenever I need a quality render of my designs all I have to do is simply click a few buttons, change a couple settings, and then I get the improved photos as shown. this project could very easily be one of my very best...in presentation terms at least.

also, we had a preliminary pin up today and I must say that I have a ton of work in front of me.  I realized that I was trying to hard to FORCE a design, rather than let it develop.  I latched onto one strong idea from the beginning, but was not open to other possibilities.  that is why tonight I am going back to square one and really analyzing the program at hand as well as the site in which the campus is placed.  from there, I hope to come up with a more cohesive design that responds to the site as well as my concepts and design goals.

for now, i'm enjoying this wonderful program!



*notice how elementary and cartoon-ish it looks
*this program transforms simple drawings into what
appear to be actual built models with shade and shadow

 *this program will not only present my project better, but serve
as a learning tool throughout the process.  for example, I can do
thorough sunlight analysis and studies that I could not have done before

No comments:

Post a Comment