Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

site adjacencies/circulation/concept

I made great progression tonight with the project as I was able to design a preliminary site plan with adjacencies, circulation, and program layout are initially solved.  I use the words 'initially' and 'preliminary' because it is still a little too early to have a finalized scheme.  my hopes are to print these photos and get as much feedback tomorrow as I possibly can.  once the program layout is finalized, the fun parts of design are able to take shape, such as material selection, form, in between spaces, and interior design.  I have many ideas floating in my head and many of them on paper so I cant wait to get them out and further explore them.



Much focus is placed on the studios and library in order to go with the 
concept of "learning with practice"



This plan largely came from earlier diagrams of the flattest parts of the site 
along with the areas in which the least amount of existing landscape and 
trees would need to be demolished for construction.



This diagram shows the main green spaces that will be designed.




This diagram shows the main circulation through the site and indicates 
where areas of high traffic occur, creating nodes.  The largest and most 
central node will be landscaped and developed to be the place of main
interaction on the site between students/faculty/visitors.

No comments:

Post a Comment